Q: What is the purpose of laser therapy?
- Photobiomodulation - a process of photons entering the tissue and interacting with the cytochrome c complex within the cell mitochondria
- Promotes tissue healing
- Reduces pain
- Treatment for acute, chronic conditions and post-activity recovery
Q: Is it painful? What does it feel like?
- Cannot go through material, must be direct to skin
- Patients report rapid decrease in pain during treatment
Q: Is laser therapy safe?
- FDA cleared in 2004 for pain reduction and increasing micro-circulation
- Safe & effective
Q: How long does a session last?
- 5-15 minutes depending on the area and pain level
Q: How often will I need to be treated?
- 1-3 times a week
- Well documented support that laser therapy benefits are cumulative
Q: How many sessions will I need?
- 3-5 for most
- Some need more depending on severity of injury/pain area and response to therapy
Q: Do I have to limit my activities?
- Laser therapy will not limit activity
- Pain reduction may make activities easier
- Exercise caution in getting back to activity too quickly and listen to the advice of your chiropractor